The pandemic has changed the ways we live, work, and play. Towns and cities have been forced to change the way summer recreation programs will operate and limit or prevent the running of camps, use of athletic fields and facilities, and opportunities for youth and adult athletic leagues. Recent guidance by Governor Lamont and various state agencies will help municipalities plan to reopen.
We invite you to view our latest recorded webinar, Opening Municipal Park and Recreation Summer Programs and Facilities and Planning for the Return to Play. Important topics on the latest guidance, best practices, new protocols, and risk management for municipalities will be discussed. Presenters from the Connecticut Recreation and Parks Association, Connecticut Conference of Municipalities and Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency will cover the following areas including:
- Guidelines for reopening athletic facilities and fields
- Guidelines for allowing organized athletic activities
- Best practices for opening and staffing beaches, pools, and aquatic facilities
- Navigating OEC’s requirements for the operation of camps
- Best practices for operating summer recreation programs
- Recommended risk management policies that towns and cities should follow
Don’t have time to watch the webinar? No problem. Here’s a copy of the slide materials shared during the webinar.